Check out Australian farmers doing their bit for Australian sport (and my next door neighbour)
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) Foundation is giving rural and regional NSW community organisations the chance to win a kitchen with a retail value of $25,000 courtesy of Masters Home Improvements.
The donated kitchen includes all of the cabinetry, cook tops, sink and oven, as well as a smaller kitchen, suitable for use indoors or outside undercover.
Applicants are asked to answer a series of questions explaining why their community needs a new kitchen, who would utilise the kitchen and how it would enhance their community. Those eligible to apply include community centres, welfare organisations, churches, men’s sheds, service and sporting clubs, CWA branches and show societies.
The winner of the RAS Foundation Community Kitchen will be announced and presented during the Sydney Royal Easter Show, 10 – 23 April, 2014.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit www.rasnsw.com.au/programs to find out more about the RAS Foundation Community Kitchen Grant and to complete the online application form.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following requirements:
- The kitchen can only be installed into the agreed community owned / public building and cannot be for the benefit of an individual or company. The kitchen must be accessible to the wider community.
- The successful applicant will receive the kitchen in a flat pack form that comprises of cabinetry, cook top, stove and sink. No colours or materials preference can be requested.
- The coordination, cost of freight from Sydney Showground to the recipient community will be the responsibility of the successful applicant. All installation costs are also the responsibility of the successful applicant.
- The flat packed kitchen (comprising of six pallets) will need to be removed from the Sydney Showground on Saturday 26 or Sunday 27 April, 2014.
- Installation of the kitchen needs to be completed by 31 October, 2014 - six months after the Sydney Royal Easter Show.
- The successful applicant will be required to attend a presentation event to be held during the 2014 Sydney Royal Easter Show to accept the Masters Home Improvements Kitchen.
How to apply
All applications must be made online. http://www.rasnsw.com.au/rasf-community-kitchen.htm
The closing date for applications is 5pm, 21 March, 2014.
2013 was the inaugural year of the grant, with the Community Kitchen breathing new life into the Deniliquin Rovers Football and Netball Club’s newly renovated clubhouse and has greatly enhanced the capacity and use of the venue.
The RAS Foundation is a philanthropic foundation which seeks to encourage educational opportunity and foster vibrant and sustainable rural and regional communities by supporting quality youth and community programs.
Monday, March 3, 2014
The National Rural Women's Coalition is pleased to launch the 2014 WOMEN TOWARDS SUSTAINABILITY e-leaders Program.
What is an e-leaders Program?
This is the third e-leaders program that the National Rural Women's Coalition has delivered to women living in rural, remote and regional Australia. This year's program has an environmental sustainability and natural resource management focus. Twenty-five (25) women from all over Australia will be selected and given the opportunity to learn from the industry's best via a series of give webinars. The software also allows for open collaboration and has proven to be effective for networking. The participants will elect an on-ground project to work on throughout the program. Discussion and debate will take place during a live e-forum.
To find out more, including information on the topics and presenters, please download the program flyer.
For a detailed outline of the delivery schedule and key dates, please contact the e-leaders Project Coordinator.
How Do I Apply?
Applications open on Monday 17th March 2014. Please watch this space and look for the online application form - available here on this page of the website. COMING SOON. Applications close on the 4th April at 4 pm AEST.
For More Information About the e-leaders Program, please contact the e-leaders Project Coordinator - Kerryn Suttor.
Do you know a Young Farming Champion?
OR Are you a young farmer or following a career pathway in agriculture and love what you do?
If this sounds like you and you are interested in learning how to inspire other young people to enter agriculture why not apply for this great opportunity.
Lynne and her team are looking for 16 Young Farming Champions for 2014 to represent the grains, cotton, wool, red meat and dairy industries to help build an Australia wide network of enthusiastic young professionals to promote Australian agriculture as a dynamic, innovative, rewarding and vibrant industry.
Go on give it a go
For more information or to apply visit the link:http://www.art4agriculture.com.au/yfc/index.html or contact Lynne Strong on 0407 740 446