Frocktober is a festive fundraising initiative aiming to raise funds for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF). Through fun – and sometimes quirky – measures, Frocktober is all about:
•Increasing the public’s awareness of ovarian cancer.
•Promoting women’s health and wellbeing.
•Celebrating the great diversity of shapes, sizes and colours women come in.
Essentially, Frocktober puts forward a challenge to girls, women and interested men far and wide:
To don a frock for a day, week, fortnight or a full month during October, and get sponsored for it!
Funds raised over Frocktober will be donated to the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation to help improve the outlook for women diagnosed with ovarian cancer by supporting the quest for a suitable early detection test. This year the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation celebrates its 10 year anniversary and ten years of progress in the fight against ovarian cancer.
For many women with ovarian cancer, the disease is already well advanced when they are first diagnosed.
Amy Moon (Chair of the Frocktober Canberra Committee), sees Frocktober as a fantastic opportunity to bring the awareness raising celebration to the Nation’s Capital.
“Frocktober is a fun, unique idea for a great cause,” said Moon.
When you join the Frocktober Canberra team, you'll be asked to set up your own page, with your personal fund raising target and then guided through getting the word out to your friends and families whether by email, facebook, twitter or widgets you can place on your website.
Follow Frocktober Canberra's blog here
1. Click on this link: http://www.everydayhero.com.au/frocktober_canberra
2. Click on 'Join this team'.
3. Enter all your registration details.
4. At some point, you'll get asked for the team password in order to join the team. The password is: frocktober2010
5. Send it out to all your friends (using one of the easy methods) letting them know you're supporting the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation this Frocktober.
6. Check back to see our numbers climb! The community support has just been incredible so we're very confident that our target for this year of $10,000 for the OCRF is achievable.
http://frocktobercanberra.blogspot.com/ and buy tickets to events here
Join on facebook here