Friday, August 12, 2011

Getting to Know Me

So here they are as promised.  I have to say it was difficult to decide some of them.  Feel free to email me your answers and I will put them up when I am able. 

Town or Country
Of course it's country but I have also been a town girl and love nothing more than a quick trip to the big smoke


Music or Books
I have to read myself to sleep every night so it has to be books


Perfect Day
Birthday parties for my children spent with family and close friends.  These days are very special and we have started our own traditions from them choosing their favourite meal for dinner to me keeping one special present for them to open before they go to sleep telling them about how much I loved them the first time I saw them.

Clooney or Pitt
Clooney, nothing like that old Hollywood style... and he is still available (bad luck for him as I am not)!

Romantic Hero or Action Hero
My first heart throb was Jim from The Man From Snowy River so I would say..... Action Hero, cannot beat that ride down the mountain.

Prince Frederick or Prince William
Prince Frederick only because I prefer the European Royals, although Catherine is making headway for the British Royals (is now a good time to say one of my favourite mags is Hello Magazine for its royal coverage).

Princess Diana or Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge
Princess Diana.

Heels or favourite winter boots
I would say heels because I seem to spend my life in boots.

Australian Stockman or Surfer
Australian Stockman wins hands down for me.


Chocolate or Coffee
Coffee

Great Shoes or Gorgeous Underware
Its all about the shoes


Pedicure, manicure or massage
Massage, I can do my own pedi's and mani's but massages are soooo luxurious and rather impossible by oneself..

Rodeo's or Picnic Races
Picnic Races

Talk it out or keep it to yourself
Talk it out with a bottle of wine I say.

Karaoke - first to sing, last to sing or absolutely-no-not-ever
I am not good but will always be first up.  Maybe its the attention seeking side coming out in me?  It's always a rollicking good time and I will do it sober.


One Beauty Product that you would recommend or can't live without
Nivea Moisturiser.

One book you would recommend to anyone or that you love and can read over and over again
North and South - its such an epic story and I loved the mini series as well

Summer or winter
Summer, it just makes me happy


One life-changing moment
Submitting my resume to become a cook on an outback QLD cattle station.  I had no idea.  I also met my husband.  And I loved it.

Camping or 5 star
5 star all the way, have done the swag under the stars thing and glamping just does not seem right. I am happy to have my conveniences.

One movie that makes you cry everytime
A Beautiful Life

One moment you would like to revisit if  you could
My grandfather chasing me around his verandah trying to kiss me and me loving the chase.  He died when I was about 4 and that is one of my only memories.  I always think I should have let him catch me and I would give him the biggest hug and kiss and possibly not let go.


Favourite movie/song
The Sound of Music
You Can't Always Get What You Want - Rolling Stones
So hard to choose

Who would play you in the movie of your life
Um, how do I answer without sounding hysterically up myself!
I'll say Julia Roberts - I love her laugh and smile and what the hell we share a first name

Who would play the handsome hero in the movie of your life
George Clooney no question


How long have you known your oldest friend
Since I was 12 away at school and have kept them close ever since.  I love them and miss them terribly sometimes.

3 things you have yet to do
Attend Wimbledon finals
Trek the Kokoda Trail
Take my daughters to the Ballet (Nutcracker at Christmas time in Sydney to be precise)

School days - happy or sad, good or bad memories
Happy and gorgeous memories spent away at boarding school.  Some of the best days of my life and I still have my friends.

What - or who - always makes you feel better on those more challenging days
Music always makes me feel better, turned up loud, in the car, driving home or listening to my ipod when I run, I always come back inspired.

Recommend a blog/website
My Royals I love the pictures and it keeps me currant with all the Royals which is so like totally important.

Something you are passionate about now
Mental health access for rural people

Happier now than you were at 20 - honestly
Much happier, life is different and I have so much more experience behind me.

Describe yourself in one word only
Loyal

Words to live by
" When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window."
Maria The Sound of Music (couldn't resist and it does come back to me in those disappointing moments)

What is the one thing you know for sure
Have faith - always.



4 comments:

  1. Great answers!! Loved reading them. It's a good way to get to know people isn't it :)

    Love the look of your blog - and the name :)

    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful insight Julia.
    We have a lot of similarities, particularly a dislike of camping. I would have to say children's birthdays in our household are also some of the best days. The anticipation and the way all the children are as excited as if it was their own. Loved reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for visiting Simone, I am an avid reader of your blog.

    Yes Fiona, the camping thing is just beyond me. Before 4 children I could handle it, now, its just plain hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea and loved reading your answers. Your blog is so inspirational, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete