Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Meet Jess from Bushmumma

Loving meeting Jess from The Farmer Has a Wife blog.  Jess is a very witty writer and I think all girls thinking they might like to be a farmers wife should read her blog - and everyone else, its just a great read.  I also think she may have been spot on suggesting Amy Adams to play her in a movie!

Town or Country
Town - but I must admit I think I have the best of both worlds. I love the lifestyle out here, and that my children will grow up out here. I try to get back to the 'city' (Brisbane) every school holidays at least, for retail therapy and family visits etc.

Music or Books
I can't choose. It's like asking which of my kids I like better. I started a book club out here and it is a fantastic social event we hold once a month.  But music is just as important to me. I listen to it in the car, while I cook and just to relax.

Perfect Day
Spending the day in bed whilst hubby takes the kids out for the day. The idea of sitting in absolute, uninterrupted silence is my honest to goodness idea of perfection.

Clooney or Pitt
Pitt - who doesn't like seeing a hot guy holding a baby?! As hot as Clooney is (and I like my men dark and handsome), if I had to choose it would be Brad...


Romantic Hero or Action Hero
Action Hero!... much like my own Marlborough Man husband. I still get all gooey when I see him doing 'action man' type things like working the stock and riding a horse etc...

Prince Frederick or Prince William
Frederick! He cried at his own wedding for crying out loud! He won me over after that.

Princess Diana or Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge
Catherine - the girl next door is living a real life fantasy. I heard her described as 'average' this week, and I think people can be too hard.  I think we should give her a break.

Heels or favourite winter boots
Heels. I try to wear them more than necessary... especially because after wearing boots, they make you feel 1000 times hotter in jeans.

Australian Stockman or Surfer
Australian Stockman. Hats, boots, horse... enough said!

Chocolate or Coffee
Chocolate. I have such a serious sweet tooth it's not even funny.
Addiction.
Bad.

Great Shoes or Gorgeous Underwear
Great shoes! Another addiction of mine...

Pedicure, manicure or massage
Massage. I am currently paying my children at a rate of about 20c for 15 minutes, to give me a massage. I'm that desperate. I try to fit in a massage whenever I am in the big smoke.

Rodeo's or Picnic Races
Picnic Races, although I am ashamed to admit I have never been to a big one before. But I LOVE frocking up...

Talk it out or keep it to yourself
Talk it out... hence my blog bushmumma. A problem shared is a problem halved, no?


Karaoke - first to sing, last to sing or absolutely-no-not-ever
First to sing. Drunk or sober. Love, love, love it!

One Beauty Product that you would recommend or can't live without
Sorbolene. My mum used it her whole life and people are constantly asking her what magic potion she used on her skin to keep it to youthful. Sorbolene is the secret. But also mascara. I never leave home without it.

One book you would recommend to anyone or that you love and can read over and over again
Only one? If only I could keep my 'Twilight' obsession a secret. But assuming I didn't have to admit how much I am on Team Edward, then definitely "Wild Swans" - a book about 3 generations of Chinese women. I read it instead of using my time wisely and studying harder for my HSC exams. And I have read it several times since then. Beautiful.

Summer or winter
Winter. I love boots and jackets and scarves. Winter feeds those obsessions. I am bright white in the summer. It can be depressing.

it's me in my fave boots and winter gear... sums up why I love winter, nicely....

One life-changing moment
Accepting a job offer in St George, to teach at the high school there. I assumed it would be 6 months of saving money to go and travel, and I am still in the area after having met my now-hubby 2 weeks after I arrived... that was 10 years ago!

Camping or 5 star
5 star. Camping is all too much effort.

One movie that makes you cry every time
Beaches. And The Notebook. Sad sad sad.

One moment you would like to revisit if you could
The feeling of having my first baby and holding her in my arms. If I could bottle that moment, I would.

Favourite movie/song
Too many. And it changes depending on my mood. Right now I have been living in the past. So I spend time listening to 'Sunchyme', 'Love Shack', 'Brimful of Asher', 'We used to be friends', 'Fat Boy Slim stuff', 'Beastie Boys' etc... but I really love a big range of things, especially top 40. I am trying hard to expand my appreciation of country music...
And with movies, I always come back to 'Father of The Bride', 'The Notebook', 'Ever After', 'The Princess Bride', but I was also raised on 'Rocky Horror Picture Show', 'Grease', and 'Sound of Music'.

Who would play you in the movie of your life
I am going to be all vain and say Amy Adams - the girl who was in the movies 'Julie and Julia', 'The Fighter' and 'the one about the fairy tale carton Princess who falls into the real world and ends up with McDreamy... LOL I love her. She's very 'normal'... and young. Did I mention young?


Who would play the handsome hero in the movie of your life
Enrique Iglesias. Mmmmmmmm.


How long have you known your oldest friend
I still have friends from when I was in year 1, but people who are my good friends to this day are from when I was in high school and when I travelled after high school. So, from about 14 years of age? I've known them longer than I haven't anyway... if that makes sense.

3 things you have yet to do
Watch a baby be born (that's not my own)
Travel to South America,
and write and publish a book.

School days - happy or sad, good or bad memories
I hated school. I had good friends, and I did well. I just was a moody teen.

And now I am a high school teacher. Hmmm.

What - or who - always makes you feel better on those more challenging days
My kids and friends.

Recommend a blog/website 
Pioneer Woman - look her up if you don't already. She's amazing.

Something you are passionate about now
Aside from my children, I am passionate about issues regarding education in the bush. So I guess it all stems from the same thing.

Happier now than you were at 20 - honestly
It's just different. 20 will always be the BEST year of my life. Hard to top. But how can the fun, partying me ever try to compare with the mum who loves 3 little babies, and juggles so many other amazing things too?? But 20 was FANTASTIC!

Describe yourself in one word only
Witty.

Words to live by
With whom you mix, so shall you be.
My dad used to say it all the time and I hated it. But it's true...

What is the one thing you know for sure
What goes around comes around.


If you want to add your answers just email and I will put them up!!

2 comments:

  1. Good answers Jess! I love reading anything you write.
    However, I can't believe of all the options (Brad Pitt with his yummy baby holding ways included) you picked Enrique Iglesias to be the hero of your movie. Hot? Yes. Brains? No. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA - I'm sorry J, I can't bring myself to get further than the 'shell' of Enrique... the boy is just so darned cute! And he can sing! Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete