Friday, August 26, 2011

Meet Kate from Bendy Street Emporium Canowindra

Meet the gorgeous Kate from the Bendy Street Emporium in Canowindra, NSW.  Kate, mother of three, photographer and farmer's wife, established the Emporium in the Autumn of 2010. Kate's philosophy is, where-ever possible, to surround oneself with beautiful things.  I met Kate briefly on a trip through Canowindra last year, I couldn't not stop after reading many reviews about Bendy Street Emporium.  It is as welcoming and beautiful as it looks.  I felt like I wanted to stop awhile with a glass of wine and chat away in the afternoon sun and become Kate's BFF (that is how comfortable Kate makes you feel and meeting people who make you feel that way is a joy!).  Happily Kate also has an online shop for those of us who do not live nearby.  Enjoy getting to know Kate as much as I did however briefly - I will definately be back. 
 
 
 
  Town or Country
A bit of both. I need a city fix every now and then.

Music or Books
Can't live without either

via

Perfect Day
At home with friends and family, good food and wine, kids playing outside then falling in a heap to watch a movie with my husband with the kids tucked up in bed- not coming out every 5 minutes for a drink, story or other important child reason

Clooney or Pitt
Clooney

Romantic Hero or Action Hero
Romantic

Prince Frederick or Prince William
Neither more of a Prince Harry girl


Princess Diana or Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge
Diana

Heels or favourite winter boots
Heels, I am a shocking shoe snob

Australian Stockman or Surfer
Stockman, the more dust the better and must have a great hat.


Chocolate or Coffee
 Can't exist without either.

Great Shoes or Gorgeous Underware
Great shoes go really well with great underwear.

Pedicure, manicure or massage
Pedicure

Rodeo's or Picnic Races
My husband followed me to the Young picnics and the rest is history so I have a soft spot for a good picnic race day.

Talk it out or keep it to yourself
Talk it out definitely

Karaoke - first to sing, last to sing or absolutely-no-not-ever
In my mind I can belt it out like Aretha but the reality is more like Bridget Jones

One Beauty Product that you would recommend or can't live without
Tade black soap and Rassoul clay mask. They are all natural and amazing.

One book you would recommend to anyone or that you love and can read over and over again
The Great Gatsby

Summer or winter
Summer

One life-changing moment
Saying goodbye to my gran

Camping or 5 star
5 star, not a happy camper

One movie that makes you cry everytime
An Affair To Remember- every single time much to the embarrassment of my children, and I mean "the ugly cry"!!

One moment you would like to revisit if you could
My first kiss

Favourite movie/song
Dirty Dancing


Who would play you in the movie of your life
Cate Blanchet would be great.

Who would play the handsome hero in the movie of your life
Colin Firth after a thorough audition process.

How long have you known your oldest friend
Since we were 8 yrs old

3 things you have yet to do
See Paris
Write a book
Finish a degree (always wanted to study archeology but don't have any patience)


School days - happy or sad, good or bad memories
Loved primary school, highschool was a rollercoaster

What - or who - always makes you feel better on those more challenging days
Chocolate, wine, friends with wicked senses of humor and a hug from my family in no particular order.


Recommend a blog/website
and Bushbelles of course. (thankyou)

Something you are passionate about now
Trying not to take life too seriously. Far too much doom and gloom in the media. We need to lighten up a bit.

Happier now than you were at 20 - honestly
Much happier. I have half a clue now & don't care what others think of me. I dress a whole lot better too, don't know what made me think shoulder pads would work for me.

Describe yourself in one word only
Feisty

Words to live by
Never stop learning.
No such thing as can't ( thanks Dad)

What is the one thing you know for sure
I can do anything I want if I really want to.


 Thanks so much for contributing Kate.
I think I'll have that glass of wine now!
Follow the Bendy Street blog here
Visit the Bendy Street Emporium online shop here
And don't forget to stop in and say hi to Kate on your way through Canowindra.
You will be gorgeously welcomed!

2 comments:

  1. Loved that post, Julia. I might steal you little question and answer idea (if that's OK of course;) ) I love reading about people and their likes etc. I'm such a sticky beak x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, and an awesome way to get to know our rural girls! Michelle at Farmers Wifey, sorry naughty blogger won't let me comment!

    ReplyDelete