Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Getting to Know ... Tina Gray

Tina blogs at Tina Gray {dot} Me where she offers an honest and down to earth insight into what goes on in one woman’s head while raising five children and one husband, trying to find her skinny self and sharing her opinion about….stuff.



Town or Country
The hubby and I discuss this every once in a while. I love living in town but the thought of living in the country, on a couple of acres, and being self-sufficient is attractive to me.

Music or Books
Can I choose both? I listen to music when I blog, not only does it help me concentrate but with the ear buds in my ears, I can block everyone out ;) I love to read at night when I jump into bed. It helps me fall asleep.

Princess Diana or Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge
Princess Di. She was gorgeous and generous.

Heels or favourite winter boots
Heels and I don’t get along. Give me a pair of UGGs and I’m a happy chick.

Australian Stockman or Surfer 
When I was younger, it was the surfie looking dude that caught my attention. These days, I’d definitely say the Aussie stockman.

Chocolate or Coffee
Both. Coffee keeps me running. Chocolate makes everything better.

Great Shoes or Gorgeous Underwear
Shoes. And I don’t spend as much as I would like to on shoes.

Pedicure, manicure or massage
Massage. I can do pedis and manis myself.


Rodeo's or Picnic Races
I’ve never been to picnic races. Rodeos are fun!

Talk it out or keep it to yourself
Depends what’s going on in my head. Sometimes I keep it to myself until something triggers a major meltdown. Other times I’ll share. I often say that if my blog wasn’t self-titled, I should share a whole lot more on there!

Karaoke - first to sing, last to sing or absolutely-no-not-ever
Never have.
I have never had enough liquid courage ;)

One Beauty Product that you would recommend or can't live without
Garnier anti-circles roll on.
Caffeine in a bottle for the bags under my eyes!



One book you would recommend to anyone or that you love and can read over
A blogger friend, Nicole Avery, recently published her book Planning with Kids.
She inspires me to be a more organised mother.

Summer or winter
Neither.
My favourite season is Spring.

One life-changing moment
It’s cliché but for me, it’s becoming a mother for the first time.
At that moment I realised that I’m not just taking care of myself anymore.
I have this little human being who is depending on me to keep him alive. My first baby is 19 now!

Camping or 5 star
I don’t mind camping.
Just not the way my hubby and his friends do it.
They totally rough it out when they go bush. But I do like the comfort of 5 star.
One movie that makes you cry every time
There’s a few!
Beaches and The Notebook, off the top of my head.

How long have you known your oldest friend
I met one of my BFFs when we were both 16. But because of Facebook, I’m now in touch with girls I used to go to primary school with *ahem*too many*ahem* years ago.

3 things you have yet to do
Travel overseas
Turn my blog into a full time job
Own a brand new car.

Recommend a blog/website
Seven Cherubs (http://sevencherubs.com)
I have had the pleasure of meeting Naomi and she is the loveliest person I have ever met. She is passionate about motherhood and helping other women seek happiness. She has seven gorgeous children, hence the blog name, and I have no idea how she is not pulling her hair out!

Words to live by
“Thou shall not take shit”


Thanks for taking part Tina.

Follow Tina at Tina Gay {dot} me who is a wealth of knowledge and fun to boot!

1 comment: