Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Sands of Time

Today I wave goodbye to my beautiful, gentle daughter as she begins school




Trying not to think too much about it




The little girl who would never leave my side is beside herself with excitement


Me, well it's sobering.
I never though the day would come so soon.
I thought sending my 3rd baby to school would take a lifetime.




So where exactly does that leave me...


Driving to my favourite shop with my 3 yr old, smothering him in kisses, burying my face in his beautiful red curls breathing in the last of his baby scent.
Trying desperately to make myself feel better with some purchases.
His old man humour has the ability to lift you from your darkest moments. 


This I am counting on.
The visa bill - well sometimes it just has to hurt so good.
And for all those sending children out into the world on whatever adventure they are about to embark on....

Pinned Image

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you Julia ... and totally understanding.

    ReplyDelete