Monday, February 27, 2012

At the Top

Thank you so much for all the positive comments and encouragement I have received from the ABC Open post - it has lead to some very interesting offers

I have been very surprised and absolutely delighted with the response

In return I thought I would share my weekend with you.


A group of very adventurous and fun ladies decided a weekend away was in store so decided to climb the mountain at our doorstep.



Almost there...


That's us sitting at the top of Australia at the summit of Mt Kosciuszko 

We were obviously not the first to do it but we were the first on the day and we set a cracking pace....
In hindsight I think the most special part of the weekend was us at the top of Australia totally on our own basically mucking around.  The only ones in the world to do it at that moment.  On our way down the mountain we passed hoards of people making the trek up.

But we got Kosciuszko to ourselves - for a moment in time.


There was no special reason behind it just a weekend away full of big belly laughs and an achievement.

Perhaps a rural bloggers trek to the top next???

2 comments:

  1. Looks like great fun. It's 24 years since I walked up to the top. I have this photo of me leaning on that post looking rather disappointed after 6 or 7 hours of walking via the Blue Lakes the mountain next over looked bigger:(
    I can see a Bush Bloggers Trek to the Top to raise awareness for Rural issues:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea - count me in for a rural bloggers trek to the top!!

    ReplyDelete