Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Getting To Know....Caitlyn McLeod

Today, as a gorgeous add from yesterday, I am inviting you to get to know Caitlyn McLeod.
Caitlyn is the owner of the beautiful Rhubarb Boutique in Theodore.
I loved reading her answers which were so honest and heartfelt.  Although Caitlyn is only 22 it is clear she has done alot of living, learning and loving.


Town or country?
 Country, I love the freedom, however I do love the "I can get dressed in really nice clothes because I'm going to town" feeling. It's almost like you touch base with society again!

Music or books
Music for sure!
I have always admired how some people can get lost in the world of a book. Its not something I have ever been able to do. I love the music world, the lyrics and theory's behind a good song. I do love all types of music, my iPod is best described as a carnival!

Perfect Day
Oh this is a hard one. At the moment my #1 decision would have to say, anywhere doing anything as long as those people who really make the true you shine are around.  Loads of laughter, fun and a dash of Alcohol perhaps!


Clooney or Pitt...
Mmmmm I have always had a soft side for the older gentleman, much more mature however the "younger" freshly toned body is certainly easy on the eye.

Romantic Hero or Action Hero
Action! Im a bit of a sucker for the scruffy cowboy look, and lets face it, they are never much of a romantic hero. Well my "scruffy cowboy" isn't.

Prince Frederick or Prince William
I want to say William because if I choose William do I get to look like Catherine?

 Heels or favourite winter boots
Winter Boots!
I admired these Charlie 1 Horse Lucchese boots for Months and Months and Months- I finally justified spending $380 on them and made the purchase! I think I fall in love with them more and more everyday!


Australian Stockman or Surfer
Stockman

Chocolate or Coffee
Chocolate all the way- My biggest weak point, there is nothing better than melted Cadbury buttons with a very ripe large strawberry dipped in!

Great shoes or gorgeous underware
Shoes, I figure the only 2 people to see your underwear is you and your partner so why spend the money on something you don’t get to show off!


Pedicure, manicure or massage
A+B+C?? If I really only had to pick one I would have to say massage, however I am very picky, Once I find a good one, I'm hooked.  My partners Aunty has just done the course and is AMAZING!

Rodeo's or Picnic Races
 Rodeos!!
I have grown up around rodeos- my brother use to ride bulls. My Mum maintains that she would much prefer to watch him try and ride for 8 seconds on a 600kg beast, then watch him try and win gold for Australian in boxing (Which he also did more than once!)
I met my future husband at a rodeo, 100% rodeo.

Pinned Image

Talk it out or keep it to yourself
Talk it out, one of my motto's is that a relationship is built on 3 things,
"Trust, COMMUNICATION + Support"

Karaoke - first to sing or absolutely-no-not-ever
Me and Bobbie Magee will get me every time, and it doesn’t take much convincing no matter how much alcohol is consumed.

One book you would recommend to anyone or that you love and can read over and over again
As a kid I loved the very hungry caterpillar (Does this count) (Absolutely)

Summer or Winter
I swing both ways, I love soaking up the sun lying in a hammock, or by a river bed fishing, and I love curling up on a couch with a movie on a cold winters morning.


Camping or 5 star- 5 Star.
I'm not one that takes to camping.

One movie that makes you cry every time
Possibly 8 seconds I know it makes me cry all the time, however I'm a bit of a sook when it comes to sad stories so really put anything in front of me that the story entails a broken heart, a loss of life but make sure you bring the tissues.

One moment you would like to revisit if you could
You know the saying- you don’t know what you have until its gone, VERY TRUE! I lost my Grandmother and my Aunty a very short distance apart and I wish I could re live the 12 months before this happened as I would like to think I could have saved my Aunty from dying of obesity and depression, and well my Nan I just wish I spend more time with her, she was such a precious soul.


Favourite movie/song
I don’t have a favourite movie, my collection is very large so I'm going to pass on a specific answer.  As for song, I guess my favourite genre is Country, but not the "Taylor Swift" kind of country, I mean Merle Haggard, and Brooks and Dunn kind of country.  I loved their stories behind the lyrics and the meaning they sung them with. They just are not the same these days!

How long have you known your oldest friend
Possibly 18 years.

3 things you have yet to do
Get Married
Conquer the world of retail, and
have a family


School days - happy or sad, good or bad memories
I'm going to say BAD! I was not the popular kid in school, simply because I was not out partying on a Saturday night and taking drugs at the age of 15. (Scary huh!)
(yes but look who's successful now - BB)

What - or who - always makes you feel better on those more challenging days
Between my mum and my Fiance and my Dad. I have the most amazing parents a girl could hope for! Our family has been through a very trying time and the last 12 months for me has not been the easiest (but I guess join the club) however tackling a major flood through my business and then fighting the insurance company for 8 months (that’s a whole new story all together) and then a terrible end to the year, my Mum, or Dad were the ones I would call in tears and no matter what by the end of a 5 minute call my eyes were always dry and my heart had fight in it, My fiance, well he was always there for me when my stubborn ways wouldn’t agree with the much more mature answer! Lets not forget a hug and a whisper in your ear "its all going to be alright"

Recommend a blog/website
(OF COURSE! However I'm not really good at keeping it up to date as I'm still learning the world of online retail) I'm open for help if anyone out there can!

Something you are passionate about now
Conquering the world of retail and making Rhubarb such a well known little Boutique as far as the piece of string will reach and the word of mouth will hear!

Happier now than you were at 20
Well that was only 2 years ago and well I guess I am, problems have been solved, lessons have been learnt and more smiles have been had!

Honestly Describe yourself in one word only
Determined

Words to live by
Live Laugh Love- Is my favourite,
However I do love: Live for Today, Dream for Tomorrow and Hope for the future.


What is the one thing you know for sure
The world does go on, in every heartache in every moment of despair always remember the world keeps turning and tomorrow is another day. Another day for smiles, another day for tears, or another day to mend, but tomorrow is another day.


Thank you so much Caitlyn, best of luck in the world of retail and we hope to hear more from you soon.

You can follow Rhubarb on facebook here

No comments:

Post a Comment