Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Inner Strength

If you missed ABC's Landline program on Sunday featuring a story on why some country towns wither while others of a similar size thrive, them make sure you go here to watch it now.



Called Inner Strength it is an inspiring piece that is sure to make you think about how you can contribute and give a boost to your local area.



Best of all it featured some of our Bushbelles followers.  I was jumping up and down with excitement when I saw and recognised their names.



The town of  Theodore's story is especially touching.



How I would love to meet you all in person, I think I would learn alot.
Well done on a great program.


And don't forget Small Grants for Small Rural Communities,
Renewal is open twice a year with closing dates
of 31 March and 30 September.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. I really needed to see some of the sayings you had pictured right at the time your post arrived by email. I was at the point of quitting a degree in agriculture that I started this year because I am struggling with Chemistry and I can't do the degree without the chemistry but the little saying about a year from now and the things that conspire to hold you back, especially the ones in your own head... really got to me. Thank you for perfect timing. Sorry the comment is nothing to do with small rural communities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting Deb. Hope you are feeling a little more inspired today. I often have little sayings in my head that keep my head above water. Glad I could be on some help.

      Delete
    2. Definitely feeling more inspired today. After I finished my little pity party I watched the story on Theodore - what an amazing place. I love the no empty shop front policy, their resilience and ingenuity.

      Delete
  2. I'm lucky to be a part of the Theodore community...and those great people on the Landline report are indeed wonderful members of our community - Theodore is a great town, full of fabulous people! Thanks for taking a moment to give us a shout out!
    Cheers,

    Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theodore sounds like a fabulous town Tracey, it was very inspiring to see.

    ReplyDelete