Saturday, March 10, 2012

Loving our Governor General

Today my daughter and I met our Governor General, Quentin Bryce, at Cooma Show.

(that's not us in photo but the GG at the AYOF tent.  There are no photos for me to prove it as I was too busy chatting to her)

What was very special is that she held onto my daughter's posy all afternoon (and it matched her outfit perfectly)


What a thrill, I am still buzzing


She also spoke very affectionately about Australian farmers and the wool industry


She was so gracious and approachable, I think we could have easily chatted for ages....


That's one to cross off my bucket list

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful and such a special thing for your daughter to remember always. The posy was just made for the outfit:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was special Earth Apple Jane and yes the last 5 roses in my garden did the job perfectly. Bushbelles xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting way to spend the day. I have heard her speak, she is quite amazing. And you couldn't have picked better flowers if you had a swatch of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day it must have been.

    So pleased I found your blog and thank you for listing all the other rural blogs.

    I'll work my way down the list.

    Thanks Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the GG is incredible - she's so eloquent, generous and beautiful. What a wonderful experience for your daughter (and you!).

    ReplyDelete