Learn from the best
During the 12-day course, you’ll gain a broad academic perspective on the business of agriculture from key academics, Woolworths business leaders and other industry experts. Based at the Woolworths support office in north west Sydney, the program will give you valuable insights into key issues and opportunities in this sector.
Session topics include
- Business strategy and planning
- Agricultural value chain
- Successful business leadership
- Business finance
- Logistics and supply chain management
- The role of government
- Doing business with retailers
- Sustainability and environmental issues
Apply your knowledge
Your active participation in group work will maximise the benefits of the scholarship program. You will also be required to spend some time each evening after class working with your scholarship colleagues.
What will it cost?
Nothing – Woolworths will fund the cost of your domestic travel to and from Sydney and will pay for your accommodation and meals during the course.
When and where?
Monday 27th August to Friday 7th September 2012. Woolworths Support Office, 1 Woolworths Way, Bella Vista NSW
You’re eligible to apply if you are:
- Aged between 20–35 years old (as at 1st January 2012)
- Currently employed in the agricultural or horticultural industry or in your second or further year of study in an agricultural or horticultural faculty at a registered tertiary institution
- Available to attend the entire course from Monday 27th August to Friday 7th September 2012 in Sydney
To apply visit woolworths.com.au and click the link ‘Woolworths Agricultural Business Scholarship’.
Alternatively, you can call Woolworths on 02 8885 4981for an application form. Applications open Wednesday 4th April to Friday 1st June. All applications will be jointly reviewed in the strictest confidence late June.