Here is an opportunity for budding writers to get their views and talents shared on the unofficial home of Aussie rugby – Green and Gold Rugby. Illustrious careers have been launched in just such a manner.
Specifically, they're looking for Rugby interested writers to provide reports, previews, round ups and features about any of the first grade club rugby or schoolboy competitions in Australia. Show ability and application over time, and you well move into covering the Super Rugby and/or International game, should that be your desire.
What’s in it for you?As you’ve probably guessed, this isn’t a paid position (although there is a potential for a bit of old fashioned ‘boot money’ over time if things work out). What you will most definitely get however is
- Experience – we’ll share with you all our knowhow on the cutting edge of sports blogging and writing
- Exposure – while G&GR gets literally millions of hits, what always impresses us are who some of those people are: international and Super players, coaches and staff, journalists, editors, sponsors.
- Identity – we’ll also help you build your online identity through our social media channels as well as what you develop on the site through your body of work
- Mateship – we all have a ball doing this both offline and online. If you enjoy the people you meet through rugby, you’ll love it here
- A deep love and knowledge of rugby
- Writing proficiency – you don’t have to be Dostoevsky, but a decent standard is important
- Style – if you’ve read G&GR you’ll see we’re pretty open stylistically. What we do try and do though is always represent a balanced view, even if delivered with passion or humour. Please don’t apply to pump up your club, school or favourite players
- Commitment – it may only be one 500 word article a week, but we need it consistently – no ‘fly by nights’
- Accuracy – we need the facts, figures, scores and names right, otherwise it’s egg on face and a reaming in the comments