Looking for recipes today as its a baking day for me. Loving the Chicken Leek and Mushroom Pie from the FiFi Report
Made me laugh and its my way of cooking - easy.
(Of course I don't swan around in designer labels but we can dream)
It’s getting cold. It’s getting wintry. Time for making pies. Don’t be afraid. It’s easy. Buy the pastry. Cook chicken, leek and mushroom. Cut pastry. Put chicken in. Pop on lid. Cook. Eat.
You need for 4 pies ( enough for 30 models, 2 men, 4 hungry gourmands):
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 leek, sliced
200g button mushrooms, chopped
2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed and chopped
sea salt and cracked black pepper
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
6 sheets store-bought butter puff pastry
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Find a baking tray and moisterise with butter and oil
- Climb into fur coat
- Pull on ugg boots
- Tuck Hermes scarf into Cashmere sweater (stops it dipping into cooking)
- Pour a wine
- Take off long Burberry gloves
- Take out the frozen pastry. Think of your feet. Frozen
- Chop the leek up into the size of the credit left on the Amex. Not much
- Chop up the mushrooms into the size of Gucci buckle (big)
- Chop up chicken into the size of Marni bauble (bitesize)
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. You want it hot,baby, hot
- Toss in the naughty delicious butter, the leek and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Smells divine
- Throw in the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until sealed and lightly browned as an Hermes bag. Don’t cook through; it will do that in the oven.
- Taste, lick fingers, and then add lots of salt, pepper and mustard and do it again (taste/lick fingers)
- Give it a little mix.
- You are now going to make the pie and play with pastry
- You may need another wine for that. Just one.
- Pull out the pastry and find a cookie cutter for 14cm. You won’t have that so find a bowl or a glass about 14cm to use to cut out the rounds (the base of the pie)
- Cut out about 4.
- Now you are going to cut out the pastry tops for pies ; they should be about 16cm round note top is bigger than the bottoms. Think big top small bottom. Pamela Anderson)
- Pop the smaller rounds as the base of the pies on the baking tray
- Plop the chicken mix in the middle of each one and then put the pastry lid on.
- Hint: not too much in each pie or it will spill and leak out when it’s cooking.
- This means cover it with the bigger rounds and press edges together to make it a real live pie. (yes; use your fingers).
- If you are feeling very snazzy and Nigella like then you can brush the pastry with egg.
- If you are feeling too pissed brush your hair.
- Throw in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until as golden as Gwyneth.
- Serve with a green salad and a crusty bread and a glass of wine …Then light the fire..