Are you a woman who loves her networks and lives in rural, remote or regional Australia?
Do you want to play a key role in strengthening the voice of rural, remote and regional women?
Would you be willing to volunteer your time to assist the National Rural Women’s Coalition in the “Networking the Networks” project?
The National Rural Women’s Coalition (NRWC) will bring together a team of 8 women from all parts of Australia to be part of an Advisory Group for a 12 month period, commencing August 2013. The main task of this group is to advise the NRWC Board in the strategic direction of the National Rural Women’s Network, which has the working name of ‘Networking the Networks’, or NTN.
The NRWC is calling for expressions of interest from 6 female volunteers from all parts of rural, remote and regional Australia to be part of the NTN Advisory Group.
1. Establish a team to advise and monitor the NTN projects progress and to inform the future direction of the network.
2. Develop new communication strategies to further develop the National Rural Women’s Network (NRWN) and increase membership to strengthen its presence within rural communities.
3. Strengthen the networks links with other existing organizations, networks, individuals, government departments, industry bodies and rural communities to actively engage on issues affecting women living in rural, remote and regional areas of Australia.
4. Identify future opportunities for the network to work with other stakeholders on projects and programs relevant to women living in rural, remote and regional areas of Australia.
5. Conduct an evaluation of the network focusing on its progress to date, particularly its effectiveness in meeting the needs of its members and its future potential.
You should be prepared to commit some time to this project in the period August 2013 – August 2014. A broad indication of the time needed will involve 2-4 hours per month of preparation for monthly (virtual) meetings, plus a willingness to attend two face-to-face meetings in a capital city in the next 12 months. All expenses associated with travelling to meetings will be reimbursed. You will also be expected to utilize your existing networks to gather information which may inform the work of the Advisory Group.
The first face to face meting to the NTN Advisory Group will be held on Monday 2nd September and Tuesday 3rd September. EOI’s which indicate an availability to attend this initial meeting will be viewed preferably. Thereafter, the team will meet using teleconferences and web conferencing. A second face to face meeting will be organized for mid 2014, at a place/date mutually convenient for all.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
If you are interested, please complete the EOI form and return it by 12 noon on Monday 12th August, 2013 to the NRWC Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org