The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) Foundation is giving rural and regional NSW community organisations the chance to win a kitchen with a retail value of $25,000 courtesy of Masters Home Improvements.
The donated kitchen includes all of the cabinetry, cook tops, sink and oven, as well as a smaller kitchen, suitable for use indoors or outside undercover.
Applicants are asked to answer a series of questions explaining why their community needs a new kitchen, who would utilise the kitchen and how it would enhance their community. Those eligible to apply include community centres, welfare organisations, churches, men’s sheds, service and sporting clubs, CWA branches and show societies.
The winner of the RAS Foundation Community Kitchen will be announced and presented during the Sydney Royal Easter Show, 10 – 23 April, 2014.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit www.rasnsw.com.au/programs to find out more about the RAS Foundation Community Kitchen Grant and to complete the online application form.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following requirements:
- The kitchen can only be installed into the agreed community owned / public building and cannot be for the benefit of an individual or company. The kitchen must be accessible to the wider community.
- The successful applicant will receive the kitchen in a flat pack form that comprises of cabinetry, cook top, stove and sink. No colours or materials preference can be requested.
- The coordination, cost of freight from Sydney Showground to the recipient community will be the responsibility of the successful applicant. All installation costs are also the responsibility of the successful applicant.
- The flat packed kitchen (comprising of six pallets) will need to be removed from the Sydney Showground on Saturday 26 or Sunday 27 April, 2014.
- Installation of the kitchen needs to be completed by 31 October, 2014 - six months after the Sydney Royal Easter Show.
- The successful applicant will be required to attend a presentation event to be held during the 2014 Sydney Royal Easter Show to accept the Masters Home Improvements Kitchen.
How to apply
All applications must be made online. http://www.rasnsw.com.au/rasf-community-kitchen.htm
The closing date for applications is 5pm, 21 March, 2014.
2013 was the inaugural year of the grant, with the Community Kitchen breathing new life into the Deniliquin Rovers Football and Netball Club’s newly renovated clubhouse and has greatly enhanced the capacity and use of the venue.
The RAS Foundation is a philanthropic foundation which seeks to encourage educational opportunity and foster vibrant and sustainable rural and regional communities by supporting quality youth and community programs.