The Mood Mechanic Course is a free online and internet-delivered treatment program designed for young Australian adults aged 18 to 24. It aims to teach practical skills for managing symptoms of stress, anxiety, worry, low mood and depression. The Mood Mechanic Course was developed because many young adults have difficulties with stress, anxiety, worry, low mood and depression. But, many people never access or seek treatment.
The Mood Mechanic Course is being provided as a part of a large beyondblue funded project. You can read more about this project HERE.
To learn more about symptoms of low mood, please click HERE. To learn more about symptoms of stress and anxiety, please click HERE.
PLEASE NOTE: You can scroll right to the bottom of this page to make an application or register your interest in the Mood Mechanic Course.
What does the Course involve?
- 4 online lessons that provide information and teach practical skills for managing symptoms.
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Guides to help you practice those skills.
- Lots of Additional Resources and Case Stories from others.
- Brief weekly contact with a clinician via email and telephone (depending on the trial).
The Mood Mechanic Course is provided over 5 weeks and is designed to provide you with practical information and practical, proven, skills for managing symptoms of different types of anxiety, worry, low mood and depression. The Course aims to provide the information and skills that you would normally receive from a Clinical Psychologist. It is hoped it will help people to gain better control over their symptoms, improve their confidence and get back to living a full and satisfying life.
Who is the Course Suitable For?
- Adults aged 18 to 24.
- With symptoms of stress, anxiety, low mood and depression.
- With depression, social anxiety, panic attacks and generalised worry.
- Who want to learn information and skills to improve the quality of their lives and emotional wellbeing.
- Who have at least 4 hours per week to spend working on the Course and practicing the skills taught during the Course.
Unfortunately, they cannot include people who are currently suicidal, do not have access to the internet or who are not Australian residents. They also cannot accept applications from anyone who will be accessing regular Cognitive Behavioural Therapy treatment for anxiety or depression at the same time as doing the Mood Mechanic Course.
Not sure if this course is right for you? Please contact them, click HERE.
When is the Next Course Being Offered?
The next Mood Mechanic Course will begin on Monday 8th of September and application are now open. If you are interested in participating in the next Mood Mechanic Course just click on the Apply Now! button below and follow the prompts.
Of course, if you have any questions about the Course please feel free to contact them by clicking HERE.